Original Paint Colours For Boats

nina

Featured Posts

When we bought our boat, the previous owner had meticulously maintained a documented file of everything including paint codes, colours & brands. We bought some of the paints for touch up jobs from Whilton Chandlery just before Christmas but he helpful as he was, he didn't have all the colours. It's proving not so easy getting a good match on one of the colours. I realise paint fades so applying a new colour will obviously look fresher until fades too but does anyone know of a paint company or manufacturer where I might be able to get a better match or at least some more information?

Thankyou.

When we bought our boat, the previous owner had meticulously maintained a documented file of everything including paint codes, colours & brands. We bought some of the paints for touch up jobs from Whilton Chandlery just before Christmas but he helpful as he was, he didn't have all the colours. It's proving not so easy getting a good match on one of the colours. I realise paint fades so applying a new colour will obviously look fresher until fades too but does anyone know of a paint company or manufacturer where I might be able to get a better match or at least some more information?

Thankyou.

I have always had excellent service from Craftmaster Paints Paint. The product is good and they will match a paint for you if you can send them a sample of it. Obviously it will be difficult to match a faded paint and you may have to accept some mismatch but cutting back the original with T Cut (or if more faded Automotive cutting compound, used with care) can often soften the mismatch.

Roger

I have always had excellent service from Craftmaster Paints Paint. The product is good and they will match a paint for you if you can send them a sample of it. Obviously it will be difficult to match a faded paint and you may have to accept some mismatch but cutting back the original with T Cut (or if more faded Automotive cutting compound, used with care) can often soften the mismatch.

Roger

Thankyou so much Roger, I'm really grateful for the advice. Can finish a project now hopefully.

Thankyou.

I am sorry that we didn't have what you wanted available when you came in, but we can get virtually any paint in for customers. We too can get a match to any sample in Masons paint and usually at no additional cost and only in a matter of days. It is correct that T-Cut or similar should be used to get the colour back to its original shade on both the sample and the boat as otherwise you will end up with a miss-match.

I am sorry that we didn't have what you wanted available when you came in, but we can get virtually any paint in for customers. We too can get a match to any sample in Masons paint and usually at no additional cost and only in a matter of days. It is correct that T-Cut or similar should be used to get the colour back to its original shade on both the sample and the boat as otherwise you will end up with a miss-match.

Thankyou. You went out of your way to be helpful when we called in. I'm sure you will be greatly missed at Whilton. I will contact you to discuss further the colours we need. Nothing urgent. Thankyou again. Nina.