Arrow Acorn stove.

Rod a mod from Tod

Featured Posts

Acorn's "list" price for the Aarow 4 stove is (since November) £539.

I do kind of wonder about one being sold at £299, the more I think about it. That price undercuts anything I can find on the net by a large margin.

Thats what we thought as i replied to your earlier post. The cheapest i have been able to find is low £400s.

What are you saying. Its priced wrong? Or its not what it is claiming to be?

Just found a couple of Aarrow Acorn / Hamlet Hardy advertised at c. £290.00.......PLUS (in very small writing) VAT. So that puts them at c. £350. Still cheap.

Edited to add....that Mole Valley deal is unbelievable!

Edited by Québec

small problem is that there's only a couple of canals in the Somerset area that go no-where and the farmers do not do liver, so it's a car collection and as your location suggests your up North the cost of fuel may make it a bit more expensive then sourcing a supplier that does do liver, where was the Acorn for £299?

Edited by mickeyduff

small problem is that there's only a couple of canals in the Somerset area that go no-where and the farmers do not do liver, so it's a car collection and as your location suggests your up North the cost of fuel may make it a bit more expensive then sourcing a supplier that does do liver, where was the Acorn for £299?

Yep. Good 'un Mickey.

The point i was trying to make is that fires like the Acorn, or of a similar standard, are available at various points throughout the country at a similar price to what i had been quoted within 5mls from my house. I was merely replying to Alan's question "I do kind of wonder about one being sold at £299, the more I think about it. That price undercuts anything I can find on the net by a large margin.". :closedeyes:

edit. Thanks for your reply in post 19.

Edited by Rod a mod from Tod

What are you saying. Its priced wrong? Or its not what it is claiming to be?

I have no idea, TBH.

Whilst one often finds quite big discounts on that type of thing, that one looks unusually large.

Is this in actual advertised price that one can go and look up, or a "special" not generally available ?

Yep. Good 'un Mickey.

The point i was trying to make is that fires like the Acorn, or of a similar standard, are available at various points throughout the country at a similar price to what i had been quoted within 5mls from my house. I was merely replying to Alan's question "I do kind of wonder about one being sold at £299, the more I think about it. That price undercuts anything I can find on the net by a large margin.". :closedeyes:

edit. Thanks for your reply in post 19.

hope you find one close or a company that delivers, just looked all over my Aarrow not a CE mark or NR mark anywhere and passed BSC no trouble, never even realised it was welded steel construction unlike the Morso's cast, I would go for an Aarrow anyday. Good Luck.

I have no idea, TBH.

Whilst one often finds quite big discounts on that type of thing, that one looks unusually large.

Is this in actual advertised price that one can go and look up, or a "special" not generally available ?

Pretty sure that the shop will not have a website which you can view and TBH i have drove past the place, sometimes daily, for 40yrs and i could not tell you what its called. There are people in Hebden that still see BBC2 as the work of the devil. The shop/store is tagged on to a small coal merchants not a big fancy place.

Not quite sure what you mean by "special" (I do really). But no it is on general sale advertised with a bit of folded card to form a "A" board with the symbols £299 written on it. This price was also confirmed through the medium of speech. Should we buy the stove, and i think we shall although since starting this thread i have moved Acorn>Boatman>Acorn>Hamlet>Acorn, i shall scan in the receipt. :cheers:

Rod coughs to clear throat.

Rod put out imaginary cigarette butt with the toe of his well worn trainer.

Rod accepts that he has made a last minute bid for the “Bozo who starts the most inacurate topic of 2011” award.

Rod also accepts that the RH candidate from Hertfordshire in the up coming CaRT Council election was right to question the price for that particular make of fire and hopes he is too busy kissing babies heads to remember this thread. Rod accepts this is unlikely.

The stove was an Arrow. And it was £299. But....

…..it was an Arrow Axial? Axiol?

O.K. It was an Aarrow Axial? Axiol? Or some such bloody name.

Was to p###ed to take any further notice what it was called whan I saw it wasn't Acorn. Can't find anything on their site with such a name. The good thing is it looks like the Hamlet Hardy right down to the plate on the side of the stove. So maybe I have stumbled on something which is as good or better than I thought, says he clutching at straws. Serendipity (wonder if anyone has thought of calling a boat that).

It would appear I have done what I am quite prone to doing on occassions which is read part of a word/sentance and the rest jumps into my head. On this occasion it looked like a duck, sounded like a duck but it was in fact a turkey with a throat infection on its way to a fancy dress party.