Bubble Solid Fuel Stoves

The Jolly Roger

Featured Posts

Hi Folks

Only my second posting so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area. We are currently having our first boat built and would like to buy British wherever possible.

We have been looking at solid fuel stoves and my missus likes the look of the corner-mounted Bubble. It seems that Bubble make more oil-fuelled stoves than solid fuel, so my question to you all is if you have a solid fuel Bubble, what is your opinion of it. We'll probably put an ecofan on top (Bet that's Chinese).

Also, can anybody tell me how I get pictures on to the site. I am asked for a URL. Normally you are asked to Browse for pix. Many thanks

Roger

thecatswhiskersnb.blogspot.com

Hi Folks

Only my second posting so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area. We are currently having our first boat built and would like to buy British wherever possible.

We have been looking at solid fuel stoves and my missus likes the look of the corner-mounted Bubble. It seems that Bubble make more oil-fuelled stoves than solid fuel, so my question to you all is if you have a solid fuel Bubble, what is your opinion of it. We'll probably put an ecofan on top (Bet that's Chinese).

Also, can anybody tell me how I get pictures on to the site. I am asked for a URL. Normally you are asked to Browse for pix. Many thanks

Roger

thecatswhiskersnb.blogspot.com

Edited to say, this was a user error.

Tony

Edited by Tonyl

Hi Roger,

Not true, they do both types. I have a Bubble Corner Stove which is Multifuel. Bought through Harworth Heating via our boat builder. Ours is fine, works well on both coal and wood, although I tend to lean toward using smokeless coal. The Eco-Fan sits comfortably on the top to one side, and does its job (if you believe in them that is ?)

I would leave you a couple of picture if I knew how to insert images. I think you need a Photo-Bucket account or something similar.

Regards

Tony

Hi Roger,

Not true, they do both types. I have a Bubble Corner Stove which is Multifuel. Bought through Harworth Heating via our boat builder. Ours is fine, works well on both coal and wood, although I tend to lean toward using smokeless coal. The Eco-Fan sits comfortably on the top to one side, and does its job (if you believe in them that is ?)

I would leave you a couple of picture if I knew how to insert images. I think you need a Photo-Bucket account or something similar.

Regards

Tony

IMG_1435.jpg

There you go Roger, a picture of my Bubble Stove in full burn mode. Ignore the 2 Ecofans, I only have one on the boat, but had just bought a second one for my Stove at home, and was testing it out.

By the way, all this was courtesy of I think Martin (MJG) who has an article on the Forum, explaining "How To....."

It is under Admin Technical & Account Support. See link below. Great stuff, now lets see if the image appears when I post this reply

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38816

Edited by Tonyl