Service engineer Crick area.

Featured Posts

Hi,

Looking for a mechanic who will service my Beta engine and also spend a little time tutoring me on it.I have a reasonable knowledge of engines and could change oil and filters myself.As this is my first boat though i want to make sure all is done correctly.I note that RCR offer a service of this type,anyone used it?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi,

Looking for a mechanic who will service my Beta engine and also spend a little time tutoring me on it.I have a reasonable knowledge of engines and could change oil and filters myself.As this is my first boat though i want to make sure all is done correctly.I note that RCR offer a service of this type,anyone used it?

Cheers,

Ian

You say Crick area, if you are in the marina there may be problems bringing an outside mechanic in to work on your boat. Justin Green who I think posts here sometimes works from Braunston and travels by van.

You say Crick area, if you are in the marina there may be problems bringing an outside mechanic in to work on your boat. Justin Green who I think posts here sometimes works from Braunston and travels by van.

Hi Ditchcrawler,

I am in Crick marina yes,is it not ok to bring in a mechanic then? As far as i knew it happens freqently here..thanks for the name by the way.

Ian

I think if you check your rules (needs a degree and the patience of a saint) you will find that anybody except the boat owner should report to the office before going anywhere else on the site. Gary, on one of his bad days is just as likely to pull you up on this, but I never had a problem in the 3 years or so we were there. Most Marinas have this rule for security purposes, some stretch the bounds a bit to discourage trades people coming in particularly if they have their own facilities on site

I think if you check your rules (needs a degree and the patience of a saint) you will find that anybody except the boat owner should report to the office before going anywhere else on the site. Gary, on one of his bad days is just as likely to pull you up on this, but I never had a problem in the 3 years or so we were there. Most Marinas have this rule for security purposes, some stretch the bounds a bit to discourage trades people coming in particularly if they have their own facilities on site

When we moored in Braunston we use to take the boat out onto the towing path for service which was done by one of Justin's predecessors