Were you there for your boat survey?

IainW

Featured Posts

Survey went well. Hull looks good and no major problems that can't be fixed at minimal/no cost yay :-)

Boat is getting blacked and then hopefully popped on to a low-loader to come north next week.

The only thing is the surveyor didn't give us the 'valuation' yet, but i doubt that would affect things unless it came out lower than expected. I doubt that.

So it looks like a done deal and all on track to be afloat and join your community next week woop woop.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a survey done just a few weeks ago on a three yr old 60 ft boat l was thinking of buying.Broker wanted me to attend, was really interesting surveyor was really good and informative.

Show me blacking which was done only last year but not very well and recommended doing it again next year.showed me the pitting that had started.

Boat was re-floated went over electrics and engine said it was the bees knees.

Started through interior, oh dear major interior defects with the build, leading to major condensation damage that would only get worse.

Can,t go into too much detail as l understand that the owner is now seeking interior re- build from builder but needless to say all fittings lights/hinges/sockets were all corroded and major damp.

Surveyor said it looked like a 20yr old boat.

I have been to brokers who have said get a survey done but why bother on a three yr old boat. Boy am l glad l did at 65k its a lot to throw away,cost was £700 more than worth it.

14Skipper

Follow up to this posting was somewhat surprised today to see the above boat on brokerage at the boat builders who built it for 65K.Boat required total strip out and refit this could not have been done in the time since my survey.

Indeed looking at photos the same condensation marks from roof bars can be seen.So anybody looking at a boat named after a lazy person and a small marker ball used in bowls and built by boat builders with initials NC "BUYER BEWARE"

14Skipper