Shackerstone Festival 2011

Featured Posts

Is anyone taking their boat to Shackerstone this year or have any experience of having a mooring there from previous years?

I am struggling to get any information about the availability of moorings. The contact number given for "boat entries" seems to only ever go to voicemail and having left several messages on there over several weeks I have yet to get a reply.

I have sent off an entry form with cheque and stamped addressed envelope enclosed as requested. I did not actually send the form until much later than I would normally have done because I was hoping to speak to one of the organisers first to confirm if any moorings are actually available but when I was unable to get any reply I decided to send the form anyway and hope! The problem I now have is that we only have 5 days to finalise our cruise plans and receive any entry permits which might be forthcoming from the entry form before we set off for our summer cruise.

If the festival is over subscribed then it is not the end of the world as I am certain we can find another bit of canal to suit our purposes but we need to find a mooring for that weekend where we can swap crew as another forum member is due to enjoy the pleasure of Carrie~Lou the following week and get her back to her home mooring.

The last thing I want to happen is for permits to arrive 2 days after we leave home and we are blissfully unaware we have a place available to us.

Anyone have any "inside" information about this event who can guide us in the right direction?