Paloma water heater fitting

Featured Posts

hello

I have a paloma ph-5lfe instantaneous water heater I intend to fit to my grp cruiser (private craft), also diesel!

Im awaiting reply from the manufacturer as I need instructions of how to fit the flu, more specifically what length it needs to be, is there a means of calculating this, is it best to leave long until a smoke test is done then cut down accordingly, can anyone offer advice please?

hello

I have a paloma ph-5lfe instantaneous water heater I intend to fit to my grp cruiser (private craft), also diesel!

Im awaiting reply from the manufacturer as I need instructions of how to fit the flu, more specifically what length it needs to be, is there a means of calculating this, is it best to leave long until a smoke test is done then cut down accordingly, can anyone offer advice please?

Have the flue as long (tall) as possible. It will work better.

Mike

hello

In the manual I have, it is quoted as 90mm diameter and to extend 60cm above the air vent. However I know very well that mine came with a brass mushroom to fit to the roof and so doesn't meet these specs, and has passedd BSC and a smoke test!

It goes on to say that if an elbow is fitted it should have a 1cm drain for condensation!

In the manual I have, it is quoted as 90mm diameter and to extend 60cm above the air vent. However I know very well that mine came with a brass mushroom to fit to the roof and so doesn't meet these specs, and has passedd BSC and a smoke test!

It goes on to say that if an elbow is fitted it should have a 1cm drain for condensation!

Thanks for the info, I would like to keep it as short as is safely possible, especially it exits in front of the wheelhouse window. I suppose part of the 600m could be kept inside the boat if the heater was situated a bit lower?