Phone call from WINDOWS

headjog

Featured Posts

i had a call like this yesterday this time it was Broadband advice or something.after playing along with him for a bit he sussed i knew it was a scam and put the phone down.strangely i had been having problems with broadband and google chrome crashing a couple of times recently. last year it was someone from "microsoft" who rang but this time the problems i was having were for my welsh house computer. the caller claimed all the error reports i had been sending in had initiated the call so it seemed he knew something. sadly for him i said the computer was not near the phone but 200 miles away and he lost interest. at the time i was pretty certain it was a scam but still don't think it was coincidence although i'm sure their script prompts you to believe it.

Variation on a theme, a new one to me, recieved a text last night apparently sent by mistake to my number.

It went something like this:

Hi Tom, Here is the web site I told you about (link) it is great I made £163 last week.

:lol: