Cross beds

Circe

Featured Posts

any chance of a piccy

Here we go: bed_lounge.jpg

Well, really a photo of Hobbes, but there's the bed in its 'closed' position with the lounge beyond in a previous incarnation of decoration.

If you're really keen, and quick, I've written the Me and My Boats article for February's Canal Boat Magazine showing a number of other photos.

Edited by Jim Batty

Yebbut Martin, it's no different to a cross bed if one partner has to get to the loo during the night and you only have the one loo; somebody has to clamber......which can have its advantages :lol: . If, however, your boat is equipped with two loos, one each side of the bedroom, then it ceases to be so much of a problem but, possibly, isn't so much fun. ;)

Roger

:lol:

Love it!

Just wanted to say thanks very much to everyone for their input. It's most definitely going to be a lengthways bed!

As a matter of interest (to me anyway) I had a measure up and my cross bed will be 6'2" long and 6' wide, i'm planning on having two 3' mattresses with a 2" memory foam 'layer' full size to help cover the mid bed join. This seems to give me the best option of a roomy bedroom once packed away, and a nice big bed once fully deployed, hopefully if one of us needs a kip in the day the 'day' bed will be 6' X 3' plenty as a single.

Paul

Maybe I'm too late, but....

On Epiphany we have a cross-bed that provides us with 6'2" x 5'. (approx 4' and 2' long mattress split). We are cc live-aboards and although I am 6'5", we find it a very comfortable bed. As suggested, loo "facilities" both sides of the bed make provide a non-climbing-over-at-night regime.

I easily solved the issue of climbing over a dangerous walrus in the dark just for a pee....I got myself a bucket with a lid on. Its great if I'm really pissed I can just slide it out from under the bed and pee whist still lying down. I've only done this once and it didn't go down well so not done it since.