CABLE FOR GENNY

Sue1946

Featured Posts

Hi All

Have just recieved our genny. It`s a kipor 3000TI sinemaster. This will be used solely for charging batteries and any heavy usage ie w/ machine.Don`t want to run engine other than c/cruising- live aboard that we will be. What we want to know is what cable do we use to wire up the lovely shiny new plugs that came with the genny. We take delivery of the boat this mid week and look forward to hopefully meeting some of you. We feel like we are emigrating to a new life, joining a community un-like any on land, can`t wait.

LES/SUE

Ive just been looking for details of the kipor 3000ti (ive never seen a real one)

- The specs just say "2 x 16 amp site socket"

So i would have thought there just the std round pin 16amp sockets that everyone uses, and from the photo that looks like what they have?

In which case just get a lenght of 16amp flex, which one of the those on one end, and a floating socket on the other to go into the shorline 'socket' on your boat.

- Or just use your full-lengh shoreline.

- Its rated at 2.6kw each, which is 11amps at 230v, so i very much doubt you dont need to use both sockets or anything.

Dont really see your problem really?

Daniel

Hi All

What we want to know is what cable do we use to wire up the lovely shiny new plugs that came with the genny.

Sue.

Assuming the generator will be located outside the boat, I would say you should use cable more robust that normal flexible cable. For example 'Supertuff' high impact sheath, BS6346, go up to 3 core 2.5mm

RS number for reference 234-124. Or something similar.