declaration of conformity

narrowboatmick

Featured Posts

I bought a sailaway just under a year ago and it isnt quite at the stage to get a safety cert yet.I licensed the boat last year by sending the declaration of conformity to bw.How long is this declaration valid for ? thanks, mick.

12 months.

What do you mean "not at the stage to get a safety certificate"?

A boat doesn't have to be finished to get a BSC, it merely has to be safe.

If the boat isn't capable of passing a BSC, it shouldn't be afloat.

12 months.

What do you mean "not at the stage to get a safety certificate"?

A boat doesn't have to be finished to get a BSC, it merely has to be safe.

If the boat isn't capable of passing a BSC, it shouldn't be afloat.

The boat fitting out in terms of electrics, gas, fire safety, venalation etc is just about finished but I havent done any work in the engine compartment in terms of platforms or protection from the moving parts from the engine(trad style boat).I just assumed this would have to be carried out to get a safety cert,mick.

Whatever stage it is at it should be compliant. The DoC is valid for 4 years. But if you have made additions since that DoC, which you have, it is no longer applicable. You either need to complete the work and issue a new DoC or, if you intend to keep the craft for more than 5 years, simply make it BSS compliant.

Whatever stage it is at it should be compliant. The DoC is valid for 4 years. But if you have made additions since that DoC, which you have, it is no longer applicable. You either need to complete the work and issue a new DoC or, if you intend to keep the craft for more than 5 years, simply make it BSS compliant.

Thankyou for the info, I better get a bss examiner before my license is due for re-newal,mick.

as a document required to support a licence application, a full DOC for the RCD is valid for 4 years. you do not need to get a BSC in order to renew your licence during this period.

if the DOC you refer to is only the Annexe3 that is issued by the shell builder, it is probably inadequate for licence renewal as soon as you make additional installations such as gas and electrics. Either you should do a full DOC before licence renewal, or you should get a BSC.

If you intend to sell the boat within 5 years you must get a full DOC. (DIY or via a surveyor.)

of course your boat should always comply with BSS requirements.

as a document required to support a licence application, a full DOC for the RCD is valid for 4 years. you do not need to get a BSC in order to renew your licence during this period.

if the DOC you refer to is only the Annexe3 that is issued by the shell builder, it is probably inadequate for licence renewal as soon as you make additional installations such as gas and electrics. Either you should do a full DOC before licence renewal, or you should get a BSC.

If you intend to sell the boat within 5 years you must get a full DOC. (DIY or via a surveyor.)

of course your boat should always comply with BSS requirements.

Thanks for that, a least im not under pressure to get the boat 'ready' before I renew the license, mick.