Victron Temperature Light

aread2

Featured Posts

I was so pleased that nothing on the boat broke over the summer trip. A few weeks later and I went to the boat today for a potter and found that the temperature light on Our Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120 comes on when it's switched on and it doesn't charge the batteries or transfer generator power to the 240v circuit. I tried a few things:

Switch on in charger mode only. Temperature light flashes a few times immediately after turning on then goes steady. The mains present light flashes to indicate 240v from the generator is present but the Multiplus isn't going to use it.

Switch on in inverter mode, mains present light not lit and the temperature light illuminates as before.

The fan is not running and the unit cannot be overheated as it has only just been switched on.

Has anybody seen this behaviour before in a Multpilus? Is there anything I can try other than switching it off and on? Is it, as I suspect, broken?