Long Standing Member

Featured Posts

Just returned from 3 weeks hols and the whole look of this forum appears to have changed. In particular I can't seem to see the 'View New Posts' option that I've always relied on with forums in order to see what I've missed since last being online. Am I missing something of has the software changed. I do think that sometimes (and especially with online IT) change puts me off more than turns me on (moan moan old mans moan!).

Mind you, as long as the boats remain the same :cheers:

PS - no idea where to post this, so dong it here in hope, though I've no idea how I'll spot a reply without the 'View New Posts' option :banghead:

Just returned from 3 weeks hols and the whole look of this forum appears to have changed. In particular I can't seem to see the 'View New Posts' option that I've always relied on with forums in order to see what I've missed since last being online. Am I missing something of has the software changed. I do think that sometimes (and especially with online IT) change puts me off more than turns me on (moan moan old mans moan!).

Mind you, as long as the boats remain the same :cheers:

PS - no idea where to post this, so dong it here in hope, though I've no idea how I'll spot a reply without the 'View New Posts' option :banghead:

It's now called 'View new content', top right

It's now called 'View new content', top right

Thanks+++ - this old slowbrain is most grateful for that.

...and just like all the other *change management* I've had the dubious pleasure of witnessing over the years, common sense appears to have flown out the window. It ought to have been simple to send an automated email to all subscribers telling them of the changes, and you'd think that it could be anticipated that if the time honoured convention of making hyperlinks underlined (so that you knew what might take you where) were to be dropped, then people could be left floundering. They might just not have been (left floundering) if the wording hadn't been changed at the same time to something much less obvious in its meaning than 'View New Posts' but..... :banghead:

Edited by Mikeonb4c