Lancaster mooring

Ange

Featured Posts

After cruising past yesterday and finding the moorings in Lancaster full we were very lucky today to return and find a precious space.

I posted on my status on Facebook where we were moored.

A Facebook friend replies (copied and pasted) "you moored there before im thinking not lol hope your well insured :-s"

My reply was "obviously a lot of boats are well insured as well - it was too busy to moor here yesterday! We've moored in lots of places that apparently have bandits - all a load of tosh in our experience. Is all good - let the wussies stay away from town centre moorings - all the more for us!"

Am I being complacent? (sitting on the boat in my nightie at nearly midnight with no sign of trouble at all!)

I hope I don't have to eat my words!

Edited to add - what does :-s mean? I've googled it but it returned no results.

Further edit - after sending message to FB friend and chatting online it turns our he though I said Leicester. So Lancaster is fine.

all is good

Edited by Ange

Never had any bother in Lancaster myself, but the boss doesn't like leaving the trip boat there over the weekend. We had to this weekend, but all that happened was we got a traffic cone on the roof...

Had my ropes untied twice in Bolton-le-Sands and some kids were looking for stuff on my back deck to throw into the road at Carnforth, but generally there's nothing to worry about round here. Now Windsor, on the other hand... scene of my only ever burglary and I'm from the mean streets of Merseyside!

Now I'm intrigued about Leicester...

Further edit - after sending message to FB friend and chatting online it turns our he though I said Leicester. So Lancaster is fine.

all is good

To be fair to Leicester mooring in certain parts can be OK too -

We moored city centre in April at Lunchtime and got no truck,

IMG_0125.jpg

a few student looking types walked past us a couple remarked- 'nice boat', 'love your boat' and the like (We didn't tell them it belonged to Napton Narrowboats)

though secure city centre moorings can be had at Castle Gardens.

Overnight we moored just north of Leicester opposite MGM Narrow boats overnight and only encountered friendly dog walkers,

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Not saying there would never be problems Leicester way but we just didn't encounter any.