Malware Removal

Featured Posts

To save myself a bit of time explaining to customers how to remove or check for Malware I have just created a quick tutorial to print out and give them, so I then thought that I may as well post it here for anyone that needs it.

I have no connections MalwareBytes, there is a free version avalable here www.malwarebytes.org

I would recommend you scan your system weekly with the quick scan or if you have concerns run the full scan.

mb01.jpg

mb02.jpg

mb03.jpg

mb04.jpg

mb05.jpg

mb06.jpg

Other pointers..

If you have malware (for example the 'fake' virus checker that insists you have problems and wants you to buy it) and are having problems getting rid of it then you can also consider turning off system restore before you follow the above routine (Don't forget to turn it back on when finished)

How to turn off system restore for XP or Vista and 7

and if you are having real problems then start in safe mode (or safe mode with networking to allow for updates) before running the above. To start windows in safe mode tap on the F8 key when you first turn on your computer, more info on safe mode can be found here

You may also want to consider running a full virus scan to be safe.

There are many more scenarios which can complicate matters but I hope the above give those who need it a little help on thier way.

Gary