Solar Charge Controller

Nobag

Featured Posts

I have just fitted a EPHC 10A Controller, and was wondering if it will be damaged by leaving it switched on when the engine is running and the batteries being charged by the alternator or it doesnt matter either way.

Thanks for any info

I have just fitted a EPHC 10A Controller, and was wondering if it will be damaged by leaving it switched on when the engine is running and the batteries being charged by the alternator or it doesnt matter either way.

Thanks for any info

I have the 20 amp version..has been connected and in circuit for the past 2 years...never switched it off...although..I seem to recall the supplier saying that the switch is for an automatic nighttime bulb...and doesn't actually switch the unit off ?..I phoned and asked them this as the instructions weren't that obvious.

Its designed to switch out the cells when you start up and run....and will then supplement charging...but you tend to find it switches out as the voltage and current from the alternator overide it. It also flashes (Off charge) when you stop as the battery voltage is high..but then 'kicks in' as it drops off.

Bob