Golden Meadow (Anglo Welsh)

OGGDOG

Featured Posts

Hi i am planning a weeks holiday in 2 weeks time and i am thinking of booking Golden meadow from Anglo welsh from Trevor.

Has anyone any info on this boat or has been it, any feedback would be useful

Hi Oggdog

No experience of this particular boat but have had several holidays with AW and not been disappointed with the boats yet, some are a bit older than others and certainly not luxurious but have found them functional and reliable. We are a family of four (2 teenagers) and always book a boat with 6 berths, to ensure adequate room for all. Enjoy your week, we've just come back from a week on the K & A with AW from Bradford on Avon.

Dave. :lol:

We hired Golden Charm from Great Haywood about 3 years ago and did the Black Country Ring, no problems at all with the boat. Maked sure you take some wood for the fire, the boat should come equipped with coal.

We hired from AW for many years and always found them very good. If you do hire give the base a ring and see if you can pick up/drop off the boat early/late. I've always found them very accommodating in this if the boat is not being used the week before or after my hire.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi i am planning a weeks holiday in 2 weeks time and i am thinking of booking Golden meadow from Anglo welsh from Trevor.

Has anyone any info on this boat or has been it, any feedback would be useful

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How did the trip go!

This year will be our 9th boat hire & I can honnestly say that AW ends up bottom of the list of hire boat companies.

We hired the Aquamarine from Wooton Wawen, it was old three years ago and I see it is still part of their hire fleet.

One of the toilet tank seals was damaged the smell was unbareable - put into AW Tardebrigge base for repairs where they were unable to fix the problem. The steering stock was loose, which gave me some concern as we were cruising the Avon Ring.

I now steer clear of any company that is part of Hoseasons.

Thats only my opinion , you may have had better luck of course.

Peter (Taff)