Gear Box type

Featured Posts

Can anybody help identify the make and model of the gearbox fitted to the back of my Gardner 3LW.

It's cast iron, weighs a ton and unfortunately the last remaining label on it was unreadable. There is what appears to be a casting date on one of the castings of 18-3-77.

I have more pictures if required

Gearbox photos

Steve

I'll hazard a guess that it's a TwinDisc, they were commonly fitted to Gardners as replacements for the original Gardner UC boxes and I think offered by Gardners as an option in later years. Same basic mechanism as the PRM, wit two sets of hydraulic clutches.

Not certain though, Martyn who posts here would probably know. Otherwise try googling for twindisc gearbox or find an agent & ask them.

Tim

I'll hazard a guess that it's a TwinDisc, they were commonly fitted to Gardners as replacements for the original Gardner UC boxes and I think offered by Gardners as an option in later years. Same basic mechanism as the PRM, wit two sets of hydraulic clutches.

Not certain though, Martyn who posts here would probably know. Otherwise try googling for twindisc gearbox or find an agent & ask them.

Tim

Tim

Finally tracked it down. You are correct it is actually a Twin Disc MG506

Cheers

Steve