Scared or Excited

Featured Posts

At Sharpness and just about to head into the docks !! We have a pilot booked. Life jackets on and anchor at the ready !!

Am I anxious or what !! DH is whistling a merry tune and leaping about !!

Im sure it will be fine !! I will love it !! Cause I will.

If we survive I will update later

Hugs

Val, Dave and ships dog Betty

Almost 1hr on Severn so far and all is good. Its a lovely sunny day, no wind and a tide of 4.8 [i havent a clue what that means but know its better than 9.8] the second half of journey will be quicker and could be choppy. But so far so good !!Taking lots of pics and looking forward to getting shots f the bridges

Val

Portishead last night, Quiet breezy !!!

Left Portishead at 12.00 quiet a strong breeze and seahorses !! The waves crashing over our bow !! DH loved it !!

We had Gingerbread[narrowboat]following us so got got video of him and the waves !! All very exciting. The trip down the Avon and into Bristol was very calm and lovely scenery what with the landscape plus then all the different coloured houses on the hill side. The suspension bridge looks massive from below and a long drop for those desperate enough to jump !!

It then cost us £25 for use of the lock plus entitlement to 24hrs in Bristol Harbour[ we didnt want to stay as we need to plow on] Portishead was Just over £30 over night plus then £160 for the pilot.

We also had to change the fuel filter was quoted £36 +vat but got the same filter in our local motorist shop [with code number from Smelly] for £7.50.

We are now cruising down familiar waters on the K&A and homeward bound. Its been a good experience. The pilot said yesterdays trip was the calmest he has ever done and both DH and I were pleased it had gone so smoothly but also wondering what it was like with a bit of weather etc !! Today was very different and more of a thrill !!

I have both pics and video which I will add a link to once home. Not sure how my dongle will cope with sending video.

What a couple of days !!

Val, Dave and Betty [ships dog]