Zanussi fc1200, electronic or mechanical timer?

Featured Posts

I hope this will be my last question regarding washing machines, I was wondering if anybody knows weather the Zanussi FC1200 has an electronic or mechanical timer?

thanks again!

Electronic. All washing machines have been built this way for many years now. Even though they have twisty knobby things on the front they are still electronically controlled by a PCB (printed circuit board) usually located at the top of the machine behind the control panel. Bearing in mind they are designed for domestic house/flat use, they will work best with no problem from shore power, which essentially is what you get in a house. If you are powering off the boat with no shore power, amke sure that your inverter is rated for power output above the rating for the machine. The inverter should be pure sine wave, not quasi sine wave, as the washing machines PCB will not recocnise the power output and cease to work, and this may damage the PCB which is an expensive piece of kit to replace. Looks like a good machine. Hope that this helps.

ps: Please don't tell my wife that I did this post. If she finds out that I am even thinking about washing machines my domestic duties will go skywards!