Suggestions for types of Mattress

MattA

Featured Posts

I am just about to finish building the bed frame for a permanent 4 foot wide bed in my boat. Can anyone suggest types of mattresses to stay clear of, or any high recomendations.

I am going to be sleeping on it at least a few days a week, but not full time. I was thinking of just going to my local bed shop and getting a mattress from them the right size.

Thoughts?

I am just about to finish building the bed frame for a permanent 4 foot wide bed in my boat. Can anyone suggest types of mattresses to stay clear of, or any high recomendations.

I am going to be sleeping on it at least a few days a week, but not full time. I was thinking of just going to my local bed shop and getting a mattress from them the right size.

Thoughts?

Matt.

The one thing you should do is design the bed around a mattress size which is readilly available, some of the 'standard' sizes can be a bit odd. Find one you like and design your bed around it. It can be quite expensive to have special sizes made.

Edited by John Orentas

Thoughts?

If its for one person then fine but if its two my suggestion is go for 4"3, the extra is worth having and you dont notice it in reduced width to the passage way.

Consider designing a slide out section of about 3 inches which makes a big difference as it gets you away from the gunnel overhang.

I got mine from Italian Giftware (see magazine advert) good price and fast service

Charles

Matt,

There are a number of companies that provide matresses/bedding for caravans that may be able to do something for you especially if as suggested you have an extendable bed - they usually advertise in Practical Caravan.

Phil