MCB source

Featured Posts

Anyone know of a source of 16Amp Double Pole Type B MCBs? I want to have a separate RCD and Breaker on our ShoreLine and know I need a DP breaker to be Rec Craft Dir compliant - but can't find a type B one from googling. Type Cs available, but then we lose a bit of sensitivity.

Thanks

TRy here .......GS Controls

Alex

For things like this I usually find its best to call in to your local electrical wholesaler like City Electrical Factors or someone like that.

If they don't have one in stock they can order it and get it the next day.

All the major manufacturers do DP in all types Hager, Merlin Gerin, MEM, MK and a lot of them are DIN rail mounted and interchangeable so you can probably use your old enclosure if you have one. Again your local wholesaler can advise.

At least it means you can get one in a hurry and you dont get stiffed for postage and packing by ordering over t'internet.

PS I personally wouldn't worry about Type B or C rating as you are simply protecting from short circuit (RCD covers earth fault) and the magnitude of fault current will pop an MCB of either type in double quick time. I always equate type A and B breakers with nuisance tripping as they are quite twitchy...

Hope this helps