Little Wenlock Stove

flo

Featured Posts

Hi

Does anyone know if you can convert a Gas Little Wenlock stove to a Multi-fuel? I'm looking to buy a 2nd hand stove and keep finding these closer to home and cheaper so wondering if a conversion would be viable.

Thanks

It'll be interesting to hear if anyone has done a gas to solid fuel conversion.

I've got a solid fuel Little Wenlock (and I love it to bits, especially in winter). However, I can't find any images of the fittings in a gas one. Still, I'd imagine it must be drilled for a gas supply and will have a fire bar etc inside. So, to convert one you'd need to do something like strip out the gas gubbins, plug the extra hole(s), fit a grate and ash-rake mechanism, add an ash pan, and probably re-line with appropriate fire bricks, oh, and add the internal flue baffle if its not already there.

On balance i'd think (with the cost of the spares and the fiddle of the fettling) its worth hanging on till you find a decent second-hand purpose built solid fuel one, rather than convert a gas one.

Edited to add: you'd need also to check that the gas one has a hinged door, and air vent, the same as the solid fuel one.

Edited by Graham!