Anti-Virus

Featured Posts

I'll see your Snow Leopard and raise you a Jaunty Jackalope

<shrug> with a side order of <meh!>

:lol:

Seriously, though, it's been a bit since I've played with Ubunto (two, three, releases back?) but still find it a bit ... cumbersome isn't quite the word I want, but it'll have to do. Can't deny that Linux as a whole is a feat of programming, but there's still something about it that makes me lean towards it still not being a proper mainstream desktop system yet. Too many distros? KDE and Gnome trying to out do each other all the time? Convoluted (but getting better) application installation? Dunno! Call it a gut thing. I admire the theory, but not the implementation ... yet! :lol:

Think I'll get a magazine with a few distros on and have a play to see what they are like these days.

Blimey - I feel a bit old all of a sudden after remembering being amazed when PCW was the first to have Slackware on their Cover CD. An entire unix system for free! Ran our first intranet server on that for years.