Worried about backboiler.

niloc

Featured Posts

I have a Stovax with 3 rads and a small pump [cant read manufacturers label]. The pump has failed to operate a few times and the system has nearly boiled. Hence i am worried about leaving the fire lit when i am away from boat. The stove is at the front of the boat with an expansion tank 5 feet directly above. There is a radiator cap fitted to the tank which i have now left off to check the result. The pump itself operates from a thermostat sited on the 15 mm pipe out of the stove. The pump has only reqd a very light tap to get it working , when i heard bubbling noises from the pipes indicating a problem. Without boring everybody with superflous details i would like a little advice.......... Do you think the pump is naff or can i simply clean it . [Had the boat 3 months only just lit the fire] What should i do in order to make the system fail safe.

To make failsafe... What type of fire, if a liquid fuel like oil you can get a device that will cut off the fuel if the water is above a certain temperture.

Edit to say, that if your like me, you will need another pump if you clean it - it was broke anyhow!

Edited by Robbo