Moorings around Manchester

landmarker

Featured Posts

As stated in another thread we're thinking of buying a boat next year subject to a couple of experiences hiring.

I'm hearing that permanent moorings are very hard to get. Is this true? I'd be hoping to find one at least ten miles out of the city centre in either direction - preferably south on the Peak Forest or the Macclesfield Canals....We'd be prepared to drive for an hour for the right place though and pay up to about forty quid a week - does this sound enough for a forty-ish footer.

Where's the first place to look - magazines, websites?

As stated in another thread we're thinking of buying a boat next year subject to a couple of experiences hiring.

I'm hearing that permanent moorings are very hard to get. Is this true? I'd be hoping to find one at least ten miles out of the city centre in either direction - preferably south on the Peak Forest or the Macclesfield Canals....We'd be prepared to drive for an hour for the right place though and pay up to about forty quid a week - does this sound enough for a forty-ish footer.

Where's the first place to look - magazines, websites?

Mooring prices vary quite wildly by location.

The upper PF and Macc are more expensive than Lower PF/Ashton

A lot depends on what you want from a mooring.

Marina/Online?

Shoreline or not?

Liveaboard or leisure?

Do you want water and elsan on site?

How much security do you want?

Yes, you could get a mooring for 40 quid a week, depending on what you want from it.

Mooring prices vary quite wildly by location.

The upper PF and Macc are more expensive than Lower PF/Ashton

A lot depends on what you want from a mooring.

Marina/Online?

Shoreline or not?

Liveaboard or leisure?

Do you want water and elsan on site?

How much security do you want?

Yes, you could get a mooring for 40 quid a week, depending on what you want from it.

We'd be looking for a leisure mooring for weekends, summer evenings osmetimes and for a take off point for grand tours a couple of times a year.

I'm not sure what 'shoreline' means, but for two thousand quid a year I'd expect all of the rest, including some security.

The ones we've seen on foot like Lyme View and Mount Vernon look to be what we're after but maybe they cost more.

We'd be looking for a leisure mooring for weekends, summer evenings osmetimes and for a take off point for grand tours a couple of times a year.

I'm not sure what 'shoreline' means, but for two thousand quid a year I'd expect all of the rest, including some security.

The ones we've seen on foot like Lyme View and Mount Vernon look to be what we're after but maybe they cost more.

Shoreline means 240 volt electric hookup.

If you want that, your choice is more limited, as many on the upper PF don't have it.