Why oh why oh why

Featured Posts

Having had an ill-tempered rant some weeks ago about problems with the re-blacking of my boat, it's time to update the story with some positive news.

Richard (Canal Shop Man) supplied us with some Rylards Rytex and a top-up tin of Premium Protect, and Nb Amanda has been back in the dry dock for a coat of each. In addition the two anodes at the bows which were both coming away have been welded back on. The paintwork at the stern has also been modified as the boat sits quite low in the water and with full tanks and gas bottles the water level was above the old blacking!

While I'd originally planned to have the work done while I was away, it was nice to be able to see the boat out of the water.

Justin and team have done a super job and I'm very pleased. I'm always happy to pay for a job well done and with this in mind I thought the eventual price was actually rather low, given the effort that has gone into sorting things out. With this in mind I've put something towards the Xmas dinner fund / tea kitty as a thank you.

It looks as though Aqua are going to be even busier next year, so I hope they find a way of expanding succesfully to tap into the demand. All businesses have little hiccups (and demanding customers) from time to time: it's how these situations are handled that really matters. I have to say that in this case everything was taken care of in a very friendly but nonetheless professional way, and that's all I could have asked for. :lol:

Having had an ill-tempered rant some weeks ago about problems with the re-blacking of my boat, it's time to update the story with some positive news.

Richard (Canal Shop Man) supplied us with some Rylards Rytex and a top-up tin of Premium Protect, and Nb Amanda has been back in the dry dock for a coat of each. In addition the two anodes at the bows which were both coming away have been welded back on. The paintwork at the stern has also been modified as the boat sits quite low in the water and with full tanks and gas bottles the water level was above the old blacking!

While I'd originally planned to have the work done while I was away, it was nice to be able to see the boat out of the water.

Justin and team have done a super job and I'm very pleased. I'm always happy to pay for a job well done and with this in mind I thought the eventual price was actually rather low, given the effort that has gone into sorting things out. With this in mind I've put something towards the Xmas dinner fund / tea kitty as a thank you.

It looks as though Aqua are going to be even busier next year, so I hope they find a way of expanding succesfully to tap into the demand. All businesses have little hiccups (and demanding customers) from time to time: it's how these situations are handled that really matters. I have to say that in this case everything was taken care of in a very friendly but nonetheless professional way, and that's all I could have asked for. :lol:

Nice when it works out, down to both sides working positively together, a sometimes rare thing thesedays well done :lol: