Central Brum- busy?

romseyles

Featured Posts

Aiming for central Brum, how busy is it at the moment?

Thanks for any responses.

The moorings by Gas St have been relatively free of late however on the main line by Vincent St bridge it has appeared to be consistently heaving.

All announcements however are subject to change as it's changover day at Alvechurch and Anglo Welsh so the hoardes could all be heading this way...

Variable.

Lots of space when we passed through a couple of weeks ago.

But on the return trip, (around 2 days ago), very few spare places, although we found space up towards the Mailbox, and had you gone round the Mailbox turn there were other places where the facilities are there.

Annoyingly some moorings are marked as out of use, and in other cases individual bollards that have become loose in the ground have notices saying not to tie to them.

As Smelly implies, a lot of the moorers are Black Prince/Alvechurch/Viking aground, etc, so amount of space varies daily depending how much of the fleet in in port.

and at tieing up time... did you fit in. I walked down past gas st this eve and it wasn't too full...

Thanks very much, apologies for not replying sooner, I got there last Sunday, and got the mooring at the end of Oozells Street (nearest Sherbourne wharf) where BW had left a note for a boat owner who has had his boat "removed".

I was one of the "hordes" from Alvechurch, actually not hordes at all just the two boats came Brum way. Compared with previous years we thought it was all fairly quiet on our way round, except at Kinver of course where the new landlord at the Vine got CAMRA pub of the year for the Midlands.

We only saw one other boat coming up Tardebigge yesterday (Saturday).

Some interesting comments on here about us holidaymakers. Moored last night on the metal at the Crown at Alvechurch a private owner boat (didn`t get the name) tore by at such a lick he managed to jam our hooks into the joins in the metal. Took me 20 minutes of metal bending to get them free. He knows who he is, group of chaps on the back, boat predominantly blue, heading south about 6.30 pm.

We did the short Stourport this time to allow fishing time, had a nice carp near Hanbury Wharf, as I did last time I was that way,

cheers all,

Les