Drydocking in Birmingham Area

Featured Posts

Willawaw is due for her first drydocking. We estimate that it will be around the periphery of Birmingham somewhere. The problem is that its not our local area so we don't know who's reliable and who's not.

Can anybody recommend a yard from personal experience - we would prefer a rural yard if possible.

We plan to get the yard to do the work but there are a few little jobs that need doing while the boat is out of the water and it is important to have a yard that are easy to work with.

Thoughts appreciated.

If you don't want to publicly recommend, just p.m me.

I have just returned from the drydock at Tardebigge. It is leased from BW by J. L. Pinder of Stoke Prior and they can do your blacking for you.

I was living on the boat for a week, electric provided and a very handy water tap if required.

Tardebigge is about 4 hours or so from Gas Street and the only down side is the fact that there are 4 tunnels including Wast Hill.

Feel free to p.m. me if you would like more info.

Colin

Canal Cruising company at Stone on the Trent And Mersey have 3 Dry docks, they are very friendly, helpful. They will allow you to stop onboard, not all dry docks will allow this. You can DIY or they will do it for you. Oh and the best thing is you cross the road and you are in the town centre, just 1 minutes walk, inclusing a supermarket.