Have you ever been really stuck?

koukouvagia

Featured Posts

Yep, I know where you mean.

I've certainly seen a GUCCCo pair take that breasted in the past. I suppose it's possible I saw it with the butty on one side, and the problem would only have occurred if it had been on the other.

That would make it largely a depth related thing, rather than a width related thing, though, I would have thought.

Thinking back, the obstruction was on the right hand side- the same side as the wharf- and it was a lot deeper down than 6 inches- a couple of feet. Warrior was on that side and, being of quite deep draft, got stuck.

As you say, perhaps the butty was on that side, and so went over the obstruction.

Is it only me who drifts gently toward the bank to moor only to have the whole boat rear up as BWs "bank consolidation" boulders hit the baseplate leaving me at 30 degrees see sawing 2 metres from the bank?

.. drifts gently ... rear up .... 30 degrees ...... see sawing .......

Hmm - perhaps we have a need here of a universally acceptable definition of "gently"?

T.