Leicester Riverside Festival Update

Featured Posts

The rain came down all night and all morning but I was on site by 11.30 and it stopped as the Mayor declared it open - last year it started as they opened it!

Dscf6307.jpg

This young man was stationed aboard this Viking rowing boat to keep bailing it out as it is stored on the bank so the timbers are dry and it leaks at events!

The weather finally gave it's last spurt of rain about 2pm during the spirited morris dancing by Black Annis and the afternoon settled down to a pleasant do as you please with plenty to do and see.

I was aboard the Nb May Bee who kindly acted as a camera dolly for the filming by King Learie of the event from the river and took part in the decorated boats procession. The King surprised me by smiling and waving at young children and grandmothers as we went along :lol: He didn't stop all day and filmed anything and everything until he ran out of film and batteries.

Now it was, due to the weather, cool and windy, a muted affair in comparison to last year but everyone knew the score so didn't try too hard so no-one was disappointed when the rain did the predicatble - I reckon there was about 3000 people there.

My take on it was 'It Doesn't have to be Sunny to be Good'

I'm going again tomorrow, with or without the King!

I agree it has been a good day - A little warmer would have been better.

Give us a knock tomorrow and I'll put the kettle on - we followed you on the parade today.

Maggie

Today was damper - with again much less people than last year.

I fogot to mention it yesterday but I am sure I saw a Fuzzy passing thur - or was I dreaming?

Maggie

The King & I did look out for him but saw nothing to raise the blood pressure!

We had a productive day on the digital front despite the chilly weather (the King was wearing his wooly jumper again!) and this is the hour between 1 & 2 pm today in a couple of minutes!

http://www.vimeo.com/5048510