Inverter agro-more

Mary 1

Featured Posts

Hi all, have now taken delivery of my Flutterbye, thrilled to bits, but the so called inverter was given to me yesterday, a 300 wabico,in a box! think its spelt like that. I am terrified of what to write to the MD. The boat is still in the marina sales area till the end of the month, I am not that brave, to be able to walk in and out of the place having written to the MD. Oh dear what am I going to do, wait till I move the boat or shall I just get on with it.

Mary

You have been shafted by them good and proper. The Waeco 300W modified sinewave unit is worse than useless and costs less than 50 quid including VAT. 300W will not run much (it will run your TV) BUT, and note this, the unit is specified as 300W continuous for 30 minutes only!!! If you just want to watch the news then you are OK but forget a one hour drama.

It also is supplied with croc clips which are dangerous to use because of potential sparks. It MUST be hard-wired into your system if you are going to use it. My advice would be to reject it. They are taking the p*ss with you.

You MUST take this up with them before you leave it too long.

Here's the specification and the price details:

click here

Chris

Edited by chris w

Hi all, have now taken delivery of my Flutterbye, thrilled to bits, but the so called inverter was given to me yesterday, a 300 wabico,in a box! think its spelt like that. I am terrified of what to write to the MD. The boat is still in the marina sales area till the end of the month, I am not that brave, to be able to walk in and out of the place having written to the MD. Oh dear what am I going to do, wait till I move the boat or shall I just get on with it.

Nothing to do with your inverter, but my friend also has a Flutterby --- I'd imagine it's a pretty small club !

Mike.

Hi Mary

Take C's advice and am wondering if there is any forum member who could give you some support by accompanying you when you challenge the marina - so - where are you? and it might (maybe?) be better if you personally pm the person who offers to accompany you rather than putting the details of the marina and inverter sales team for all to see - unless forum members think it should be known?

Don't move Flutterbye until this has been sorted!

Good luck - Tim

I've got a 300W modified sine wave inverter with a similar specification to yours to use in my car in case anyone needs to run a laptop, etc.

Cost me 15 Euros at an electronics show (about £10 at the time). I suspect that's about what W@eco pay for them before they put their badge on them.

They're having a laugh at your (very considerable) expense. Don't wait. Write now. Be brave!

Hi Mary.

So delighted to hear you're thrilled with the boat.

Are you happy that ownership has now legally tranferred? In other words, that the boat is yours regardless of what happens with the inverter 'dispute' (I use the word loosely in that there is clearly no dispute!)

Keep reminding yourself that you have no issue at all with any of the marina staff or anyone else - this i now purely a matter between you and the managing director and trading standards. The idea of taking along a knowledgeable friend, from the forum, or elsewhere, seems positive to me?