Make your own 12 volt freeview box...

twocvbloke

Featured Posts

I just found this on Instructables, a very good website for all kinds of modifications and tips and tricks and food and art and things, and I thought you guys might like it, cos running things that internally are low voltage on an inverter makes no sense... :lol:

Though, I think you'd have to adapt the method to your own freeview boxes, if you use them, as I'm not sure you can get the featured RCA box... :lol:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Digital_TV_Converter_Hack/

Much easier to shop around and find one already manufactured to run on low voltages. For voltages less than 12v converters can are relatively inexpensive. Alternatively buy a small inverter which will also enable camcorder and other devices to be charged using their standard mains chargers.

Much easier to shop around and find one already manufactured to run on low voltages. For voltages less than 12v converters can are relatively inexpensive. Alternatively buy a small inverter which will also enable camcorder and other devices to be charged using their standard mains chargers.

Well, if you already have the box, it's cheaper to modify than to buy another box (which could probably be more expensive than a 240v AC one), but it's mostly a bit of fun, just to see if it's easy to do... :lol: