rannai water heater

colin loach

Featured Posts

dose anyone know what size hole cutter i need to cut a whole in the roof for the flue of mr rannai water heater. colin

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you have the heater and flue, isn't the safest thing just to measure it.

FWIW the current Morco D61 models are sold as being able to replace a Rinnai directly, I think, and the Morco is advertised as having a 90mm flue.

I'd still measure it though, before putting holes in a boat. :lol:

dose anyone know what size hole cutter i need to cut a whole in the roof for the flue of mr rannai water heater. colin

A hole saw to cut a flue for the heater through steel will cost about £100, better once you know the correct size to drill a series of holes joined together and file it after.

:lol: Edited to add. The ones I've looked at in Screwfix for that size are NOT suitable for metal.

Edited by johnjo

the boat is a hour away i want to get the whole cutter from screwfix and take it down with me on saturday

Fair enough !

I've never tried it, but I believe the usual solution is a small hole to get a metal cutting jig-saw blade though, then make the cut with the saw. (You may need some spare blades!).

That's certainly what I would try first.

plan b then, iam not paying £100 for a whole cutter, i will try a jig saw. thanks colin.

Make sure you get some tough enough for the thickness of your roof which can be anything from 3mm to 5mm thick, and a decent brand, some of the cheap ones will cost you more in the long run.

Edited by johnjo