Kintbury Lock

arpeeuk

Featured Posts

Our dear friends at BW are doing some maintenance at the eastern end of the K & A.

Now some of you that know the area will fall off their chairs and spill their beer in shock and anyone that has ever cruised this lovely waterway will say "about time too".

Well the current focus of attention is Kintbury Lock and I've been keeping a record of the progress that I thought some of you might enjoy.

Here's a clicky

I'll keep adding photos as and when I can to get a complete record

Rik

Excellent

Thanks for posting these - it's interesting to see how they actually go about doing the work.

Edited to add:

What is the work that they are doing? Presumably both gates being replaced and some floor/wall work?

Edited by AlanJ

• 3 weeks later...

I got given some grief from someone on here ( they know who they are so I won't say :lol: ) as I hadn't updated the photos of Kintbury lock being repaired so here we go.

The latest pictures are here Clicky

There are also some additional photos that show some other views and a few from Brunsden lock Clicky - you'll have to guess which lock is which.

Rik