There's a monster in my toilet!

R Dixon

Featured Posts

Ok, here does

The toilet has started to gurgle, it started a few days ago so as it was full I did a pump out. The toilet won't empty out to the outside world but when empting the toilet was emptied too.

Now toilet still wont empty to outside but when going to holding tank, goes there and then the water comes back and gurgles, ie bubles.

Its a SFA Sanimarin - Lee Sanitation toilet (according to the boat manual!)

Any ideas?

Hi there, couple of things. Depends on the fittings to your toilet.

If it is apump through then when pumping out a holding tank it is best to hold open the ball valve of the toilet bowl. It is possible to disturb the seal between the ball and the bowl.

Is the boat very old? One of the problems I have is that there is a hole in the pump out pipe inside the holding tank so I can not pump out in the usual way. I have a length of bathroom waste pipe which will fit inside the pipe into the holding tank and inside the pump out nozzle. A bit of electricians tape to seal the pipe to the pump out nozzle and I can achieve a pump out.

Hope this helps

Dave R

Hi there, couple of things. Depends on the fittings to your toilet.

If it is apump through then when pumping out a holding tank it is best to hold open the ball valve of the toilet bowl. It is possible to disturb the seal between the ball and the bowl.

Is the boat very old? One of the problems I have is that there is a hole in the pump out pipe inside the holding tank so I can not pump out in the usual way. I have a length of bathroom waste pipe which will fit inside the pipe into the holding tank and inside the pump out nozzle. A bit of electricians tape to seal the pipe to the pump out nozzle and I can achieve a pump out.

Hope this helps

Dave R

Its all inbuilt, with the holding tank under the bed. the thing is electric. so basically is a mascerator (sp)

The boat is only 2-3 years old!

The issue occured before the pumpout and is still going after the tank is empty. It may be the pump thing but I havn't yet taken any pipes apart cos I don;t know what the systme looks like!

This is a possibly a useful link for the Freshwater pump, not sure what version you have. If it's inegrated it might not be a lot of use, however !!!!!!!

http://www.nauticexpo.com/scripts/IDPHeade...rceType=Produit

http://www.leesan.com/store/index.php?act=...p;productId=275

Regards

John

Edited to add 2nd URL

Edited by johnjo

Ok, here does

The toilet has started to gurgle, it started a few days ago so as it was full I did a pump out. The toilet won't empty out to the outside world but when empting the toilet was emptied too.

Now toilet still wont empty to outside but when going to holding tank, goes there and then the water comes back and gurgles, ie bubles.

Its a SFA Sanimarin - Lee Sanitation toilet (according to the boat manual!)

Any ideas?

Hi

If the contents of the toilet bowl disappear then slowly reappear then you have something stuck to the non return flap on the flap valve. If you flush with some hot soapy water, it may just clear whats stuck to the flap. You may have to repeat this two or three times.

A useful tip is that every time you have a pump out is to flush through with hot soapy water at the same time as you are pumping out.

Hi

If the contents of the toilet bowl disappear then slowly reappear then you have something stuck to the non return flap on the flap valve. If you flush with some hot soapy water, it may just clear whats stuck to the flap. You may have to repeat this two or three times.

A useful tip is that every time you have a pump out is to flush through with hot soapy water at the same time as you are pumping out.

YOUR A STAR!

Never thought of that, just tried it and it worked, as you say repeat it and it will go through the system.

I used a jug and a little fairy liquid and the water out of the hot tap, a few jugs later (and the bubbles to go with it) and it worked

Virtual beer for you mate! :lol: