Webasto Main Dealer

US Marines

Featured Posts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I understand that BK Marine are no longer an agent for Webasto. Does anyone know whether there is a new main Webasto dealer on inland waterways now and/or who that might be ?

I understand that Amber Boats in Evesham are now an official agent/distributor. Contact Steve Smith at Amber on 01386 768500

A bit off topic, but as Gary said, if it's an option for you, Eberspacher seems to be a bit better when it comes to user servicing.

I've been doing a lot of research lately on the pros and cons between the Eber Hydronic D5, and the Webasto Thermo Top C. Both have service manuals and parts lists available on line. Both can be serviced without having to pull the stored diagnostic codes, but it is better to be able to have access to them. This is relatively painless with the Eber 7 day multi function timer, at about $Cdn 250 or less. The Webasto, on the other hand requires a PC based diagnostic kit with adapter cables at just about $Cdn 1000. Reading through the service and repair manuals on both, it appears that if you have an electrical control unit problem with the Webasto, the recommended fix is to replace the complete heater, though I understand from talking with Webasto's US training manager that you could just replace the fan unit which includes the CPU. The CPU is replaceable on the Eber.

Having said all that, I have no idea what the comparable costs of spares are.

• 3 weeks later...
Ordered from these guys - http://www.jpcdirect.co.uk/

They were at the London boat show but still managed to deliver next day.

Thanks JPC

JPC Direct Ltd are not Webasto dealers, and were asked to leave the stand at london boat show, you may be better off using authorised dealers / distriubutors to get full support if you needed it, call one of these depending on where you are for new heaters help and spares;-

Yorkshire/Northeast/Cumbria (Selby Boat Center)

Staffordshire/Shropshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire/Cheshire/Merseyside/Lancashire/ (Kings Lock Chandlery)

Birmingham and below (Amber Boats)

Fitted correctly they are a good heater but stay away from very cheep imports as they are not marine spec no warrentee (remember if it sounds to good to be true it is!)

Cow Roast Marina on the Southern GU are also dealers for Webasto (Call Darren Killick on 07941 240024)

Chris

Nice one Chris the main distributor down there is a company called (Keto) who supplies them, I did not want to leave any body out but I was thinking inland waterways. All of the firms I listed are main distributors. We then have sub dealers for every distributors to get support across the country. Sorry if it looked looked loke I left them out.