Stoves vanette 4000/2 Hob

Featured Posts

Hi,

Does anyone out there have the wiring diagram for the above Calor Gas Hob? I have had to change ours (the old one was leaking gas from the taps) and the nearly new one has the additional luxury of having ignitors, (which of course, must be wired in!).

Rob

:lol:

that kinda depends if it a 12v ignition or a 240v one. If its a 12v one the brown wire will be the positive and the blue the negative.

Sorry! Should have stated that my boat is 12V, and I hope that the hob is also 12V. There is once common brown lead, and 4 (one for each hob) silverish braised wires, with a very narrow lucar fitting.

Rob

Hi,

Does anyone out there have the wiring diagram for the above Calor Gas Hob? I have had to change ours (the old one was leaking gas from the taps) and the nearly new one has the additional luxury of having ignitors, (which of course, must be wired in!).

Rob

:lol:

Rob

From the installation manual for a vanette GG2000/2

1 Connect (+) from your 12v supply to the free connection tab on the hob ignition switch.

2 Connect (-) From your 12v supply to the free connection tab on the generator.

3 Position generator as far away from the appliance (and any other sources of heat) excessive temperatures may impair the operation of the generator.

Hope this helps.

Rob

From the installation manual for a vanette GG2000/2

1 Connect (+) from your 12v supply to the free connection tab on the hob ignition switch.

2 Connect (-) From your 12v supply to the free connection tab on the generator.

3 Position generator as far away from the appliance (and any other sources of heat) excessive temperatures may impair the operation of the generator.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks Col,

This doesn't really help, I'm sorry to say, for on the underside of the hob, there appears to be 1 brown cablw with standard size Lucar female connector, and from each ignitor there is one silver braided, clear pvc coated cable, each terminating in a very narrow (3mmish) Lucar female connector.

Rob

I don't know that unit, but it sounds very much as if the hob is designed to be used either with an oven that has the high-voltage generator for the igniters attached to it, or with a free-standing igniition generator. If your oven doesn't have one, you will have to get one from somewhere (such as a scrap cooker).

Unless of course the hob has a generator hidden somewhere, which you've got to plug your silver high-voltage leads on to. I'd say it was unlikely, but as I say I don't know the unit. Does it have a press-button for the ignition, and if so what is that connected to?

I would have to agree.

sounds like the spark generator is missing. on the plus side you have the choice to fit a 12v generator :lol:

....or a 1.5v one. I removed the 240v generator from a domestic AEG hob and fitted a 1.5v one which runs off a D cell. The generator came from Espares and I recall is fitted to Stoves gas cookers - oven and hob jobby. A Moffat gas hob fitted at home 20 years ago came with 1.5v generator and the D cell lasts for years - I cannot recall replacing it. Makes much sense on a boat.

....or a 1.5v one. I removed the 240v generator from a domestic AEG hob and fitted a 1.5v one which runs off a D cell. The generator came from Espares and I recall is fitted to Stoves gas cookers - oven and hob jobby. A Moffat gas hob fitted at home 20 years ago came with 1.5v generator and the D cell lasts for years - I cannot recall replacing it. Makes much sense on a boat.

Yes!

Many thanks, for I simply assumed that the push-button on the hob was a piezo quartz ignitor, which sent a BIG fat spark to the ignitors when the push button was pressed. I know understand and see that I need a spark generator! I'll seek one out on flea-bay!

Thanks again,

Rob :lol: