Red Deisel after 1/11/08

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

I might post this more than once, on different threads, given that this has degenerated!

Saul Marina pump (closed today) has a price of £1.20 a litre, and notice to this effect

"The pump price included duty at 40,66p per litre. This duty is not payable on fuel for domestic use. we will deduct this from the portion of fuel purchased for domestic use subject to the buyer signing a declaration on the amount purchased for this purpose"

Sorry to be pedantic but the declaration is for fuel used for propulsion.

"I declare that [ ] % of the fuel purchased will be used for propelling a private

pleasure craft".

From the HMRC guideline here:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/excise-duty/brief4908.htm

As long as they get it the right way round, well done to them.

Edit: pedants unite :lol:

Edited by bottle

Hi All

Dusty here and I have just done all my accounts for last weeks coal and diesel run to Oxford.

The Results will put some of you to rest and take the worry away from others.

My system is approved by HMRC and goes like this.

You declare to me on one of my forms your intended usage for the fuel you are about to buy. (read those words with care (about to buy)).

The south Oxford in stoppage and my customers are not moving, are on their long-term moorings, have taken winter moorings or are settled in one place. Some are moving or will be as soon as the stoppage is removed.

THE RESULTS

I sold: 2,525 litres

To 31 boats

The average declaration was 4.1% ranging from 50% to 5% or 0%

I will pay a total of £45.52 additional tax for the propulsion of craft in my area.

Not a lot extra considering a total value of £1,784 all taxes included.

My basic 100% domestic = 72ppl

At 60 porp to 40 dom = 98ppl

Full propulsion = £1.15ppl

So please don’t knock it, the alternative is you pay £122ppl for white (road) diesel delivered boat-to-boat or coal and diesel boats will go out of business. We can not compete with the likes of Sainsburys BP Shell Esso etc

I will update this after my Banbury run later this week.

Dusty