Generators

JON JON

Featured Posts

Hello to All

I'm new to the forum and a veteran of two months living on a 37foot narrow boat. Whilst I'm finding many pro's to living aboard a narrow boat, One of the few con's is the power. I don't have any large electrical appliances such as washing machines etc, just an lcd tv, stereo, phone chargers etc.

I'm thinking a generator would be a good investment and wondered if anyone could recommend a good make and/or model for a poor budget of £200 - £300?????

Many Thanks

Hello to All

I'm new to the forum and a veteran of two months living on a 37foot narrow boat. Whilst I'm finding many pro's to living aboard a narrow boat, One of the few con's is the power. I don't have any large electrical appliances such as washing machines etc, just an lcd tv, stereo, phone chargers etc.

I'm thinking a generator would be a good investment and wondered if anyone could recommend a good make and/or model for a poor budget of £200 - £300?????

Many Thanks

Hi JON JON

Welcome to the forum. Did you do a search for generators, there's loads of reading there.

Clivo

JonJon

Welcome to the forum, yes, do a search (top right)

Just one note, a generator may only be used between the hours of 08:00 Hrs to 20:00 Hrs.

Having said that a suitable generator would reduce wear on your engine when charging your batteries from a '3 stage' charger.

I bought a lpg powered generator off E bay, it's been great, easy start, no messy petrol slopping about, much lighter than a diesel and only £225 for 3kva. I suppose for that price it won't last long if I run it continuously, but it's been fine for occasional use.