mersey river festival

gaggle

Featured Posts

narrow boats-tall ships-arts crafts-kids entertainment-tate gallery.maritime museum -this is the country,s biggest maritime festival and it is free.

visit liverpool .com for info about the city and what is on offer during the festival.

REMEMBER IT IS A FREE FESTIVAL. THE BIGGEST FREE MARITIME FESTIVAL

LORD NELSON KHERSONES AND PRINCE WILLIAM all arrive on the mersey on the tide tuesday next and will be open to the public from friday at wellington dock.LORD NELSON is wheelchair accessable.

liverpool clipper arrived 08 arrived friday at the albert dock ahead of clipper round the world yatch race.the 68ft state of the art boat is going head to head with nine other yatchs from various cities in september.35000 mile race

see waterway news for pics of boats from the cut that have made the journey along the river to take part in this festival,some boats spotted sailing up with the tide, narrowboats OTHER HALF-PENDLE-HUFFLER-WILD OTTER-GILLANDER-BANDIT AND CHARLOTTE. CRUISER STYLE BOATS AND BOATS WITH SAILS ,RIGGING CAME FROM GLASSON DOCK LANCASTER. FROM ISLE OF MAN "SILVER DUET" AND OTHERS.

ONCE AGAIN I URGE PEOPLE TO GET DOWN TO THIS FESTIVAL.its free and it is not only boats see pics in narrowboats up the mersey-waterway news

seashanty.jpg

sea shanty time. performances all day by artists placed on the settings of real tall ships.so many tall ships around it is taking me three days to go on them all.

keeping my head low at all times due to aircraft of all kinds who are providing spectacular shows,free shows.

grandturk.jpg

the grand turk is believe it or not is only seven yrs old and as it is not an old boat kids are encouraged to have a good ole root around,lift this, pull that,whats in here,does this move and whats it for.if something does get damaged it aint the end of the world. SO SAYS THE CAPTAIN so all climb aboard kids.

A PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITION

the theme is the mersey river festival. just gone . now on show in the aitrum of the royal liver building at the pier head.it is i think open office hours.photographs on exhibit are submitted by the general for inclusion and the best put on show.

also

A PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITION

the theme being the inland waterways of great britain with exhibits again submitted by the general public and prizes given for best of catergories.being a deaf old git i did not hear the venue on radio merseyside but i will try and find out tomorrow and post .if not anyone can contact the station and ask for the A-TEAM who will be glad to help.by the way the a-team will be glad to help with most things liverpool related,lost friends ,what happened to,all kinds of things really.basicly can we help you. gaggle

kings dock i min from albert dock 1hr 10 pence 2hrs £1.20 but i would just park out off city centre . a new city centre is being built ,that is no exaggeration the whole of the city centre is under renewal.roadworks ect are causing gridlock at peak times but i am not one of the moaners because i know it will all be worth it in the long run.the aim is 2008 capital of culture.

here is what i would do if on a visit,head to crosby marina, free car parking and the train to town centre is 1 minute from car park,you will alight in the city centre proper and not have any hassle.we will never do anything if we depend on the car being next to us, come on stretch your legs and you stretch your mind. :(:)

• 4 months later...

next years festival has been cancelled in order that the new link at peir head can proceed unhindered.

i am gutted,i was planning to be one of the narrowboats that went out on the mersey to travel to the albert dock for the last time before the link is built.

as it would be the final time for access in that way to the albert i was looking to have the gaggle of geese take its place in history as part of the canal boat cavalcade down the mersey to the festival.

i just hope enough people object to the council about the festival being cancelled,it has been a fantastic earner for the city with the tourists it brings in.

this council leader is about 50 yrs old,gells his hair to spike it up,takes every opportunity to get his picture published and he has lost the plot on this one,t*** of a decision,done my head in.

:D