Diesel needed

moggyjo

Featured Posts

Does anyone know what the cheapest diesel is around the Oxford Area ish, that we could get some from, Tomorrow or Monday (By car, so Grand Union OK as far as distance goes.

Thankyou,

Wendy

By the way I have some old diesel, (roughly 5 years old) do you know if it would still be alright to use?

Edited by moggyjo

By the way I have some old diesel, (roughly 5 years old) do you know if it would still be alright to use?

Will be ok provided the container it was kept in is full thus avoiding condensation, even if there is moisture within the diesel this will be removed via your fuel filter. Just keep a check on your filters and all should be fine. Should you decide to use it, and its stored in (metal) cans, discard the last drop in the bottom of the can just to be on the safe side, this will avoid any contamination. Plastic can storage of diesel is ok provided it has been kept out of direct sunlight.

Tiger.

89p a lt !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to get some spent veg oil from a local pub yesterday. A friend of ours uses a mix of 80% spent veg oil in his Lister engine. hes been using it for over a year, he filteres it down to 5 microns, has pre filters etc. he advised me to strain the oil through a pair of good denim jeaan leg, with a jubilee clip at the bottom then filter it again to the 5 microns but only to start with a 25% veg oil mix for my Perkins

Managed to get some from coal boat in Blisworth, 79p lt very gratefull to them as I was really short.

I do wonder if by the time November comes, if the red diesel will be any cheper than road diesel, the way the price are creeping up.

Wendy

Managed to get some from coal boat in Blisworth, 79p lt very gratefull to them as I was really short.

I do wonder if by the time November comes, if the red diesel will be any cheper than road diesel, the way the price are creeping up.

Wendy

Wonder no longer, it will be more expensive than obtaining 'road diesel' from service stations.

The economy of scale will be the problem, service stations sell large quantitys so are able to buy cheaper.

There is still hope that, when HMR&C decide on the way they are going to actually charge the 'new' tax, the cost may be slightly less. ;)