Powerguard

Greybeard

Featured Posts

Hi

Has anyone fitted the Merlin Equipment PowerGuard System or an equivalent in their boat?

I'm fitting a Smartgauge for when I'm on board or awake so I can monitor the bank condition.

I quite like the idea of an auto cut off in the event of electricals being left on if we're off the boat for instance or the kids decide to leave all the lights on (they're learning as are we).

If there's any other system out there that'll do the job I'll look them up as well.

Thanks.

Hi

Has anyone fitted the Merlin Equipment PowerGuard System or an equivalent in their boat?

I'm fitting a Smartgauge for when I'm on board or awake so I can monitor the bank condition.

I quite like the idea of an auto cut off in the event of electricals being left on if we're off the boat for instance or the kids decide to leave all the lights on (they're learning as are we).

If there's any other system out there that'll do the job I'll look them up as well.

Thanks.

If you're having a SmartGauge there is actually a cheaper way than putting a PowerGuard on as well.....

The alarm output from SmartGauge can be programmed to trigger at any voltage OR any charge state. It can also be programmed to detrigger at any voltage and any charge state. There is a relay inside SmartGauge that operates from the alarm. You can then use that relay output to fire an Albright relay pulser to pulse the relay that is normally used with PowerGuard.

You still have to buy the latching relay but you don't need the PowerGuard. You just need the relay pulser from Albright.

I've just done myself out of a sale there (yes I manufacture the PowerGuard as well as the SmartGauge).

Gibbo

If you're having a SmartGauge there is actually a cheaper way than putting a PowerGuard on as well.....

The alarm output from SmartGauge can be programmed to trigger at any voltage OR any charge state. It can also be programmed to detrigger at any voltage and any charge state. There is a relay inside SmartGauge that operates from the alarm. You can then use that relay output to fire an Albright relay pulser to pulse the relay that is normally used with PowerGuard.

You still have to buy the latching relay but you don't need the PowerGuard. You just need the relay pulser from Albright.

I've just done myself out of a sale there (yes I manufacture the PowerGuard as well as the SmartGauge).

Gibbo

Top marks for honesty and the advice.

I'll go with your suggestion although I may seek further advice on the wiring you mention when it all arrives if that's ok.

Thanks

Mike