'View New Posts'

Featured Posts

Jon.

I think you would say it is part of the system, the full width of the page. It's no big deal but the button refuses to work at the very time you need it, i.e. when I first log in, seems to work ok after a while, of course you don't really need it then.

No more than a minor irritant.

John Squeers

John, Are these the messages?

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

and in a pink box:

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

I have had this happen twice this AM, could be that there are no new messages since your last visit.

OK, I think I know what this is. The 20 seconds basically stops the server and database being jammed by constantly being searched. Some spam software could potential uses the search page to lauch a DOS attact or similar that would slow the board right down.

As for you error, ensure you only press the link once when you try to view the page, as viewing the 'new posts' section is counted as a search.

If this continues to be a problem, I'll adjust the settings.

Jon