Mail forwarding whilst cruising for a year

Janie'B'

Featured Posts

Hi Everyone, We are newto this forum,though i joined nearly a year ago.My question is ..What do you all do with your mail whilst one is crusing for an extended period,we a taking a year of work to "do the system"

Your tips would be very much appreciated.

Be prepared for lots more 'already answerd on here'questions

Dave and Diane Smith

Use Royal Mail "POSTE RESANTE"

I`m C/CER and use it all the time, in fact collected from a post office just this morning.

But saying all this you need someone to forward it on from your address ie mum/dad/friend who has key to your house to collect your mail.

Hi Everyone, We are newto this forum,though i joined nearly a year ago.My question is ..What do you all do with your mail whilst one is crusing for an extended period,we a taking a year of work to "do the system"

Your tips would be very much appreciated.

Be prepared for lots more 'already answerd on here'questions

Dave and Diane Smith

hi, we have our post sent by special delivery envelope,guaranteed next day before 12 noon to a post office where ever we are in the country, there is a charge for this but the delivery is insured if there is anything valuable in the parcel, cheers shorty

You can set up a short-term redirect to a sorting office on your planned route. Perhaps you can set up a few so that one takes over when the other runs out in the next area - you can have them for as little as one month at a time.

We have a redirect to a sorting office near where I work - but I know I'll be back there at least once a month so it's not a problem.

Mailboxes etc also do short-term rents on a postbox and there's serveral of those around the country and you could do a Royal Mail redirect to one of those if you've planned your route in advance. Although I think they might have a lonegr minimum rental period so probably not as good as as the TO BE CALLED FOR (post restante) method mentioned above. Combine it with Royal mail redirection service maybe?