Multifuel Stove

Baloo

Featured Posts

We are in the process of choosing a multi fuel stove, for our upcoming sailaway project.

After minimal research the morso squirrel seemed to be the choice as it is very common,

However we have been looking at other stoves and whilst we dont want to buy cheap rubbish ( ie the chinese ones in machine mart catalogue as warned against on this forum!)

We have our eyes on the Valor Willow (up to 4.5kW) as we like the styling of it,

the only draw back as we see it is there isn't a seperate door as on the squirrel for removal of ashes during use.

Does anyone have the Valor Willow? Any comments please???

I bought a squirrel for the boat

I have never used a valor but ...

We use a 'Cheap Machine Mart' 11Kw one in the house. It does what it says on the tin, and is the only heating we have. (4 bed detached 1800's cottage)

We burn free wood, with a bit of coal or smokeless and we are nice and cosy :rolleyes:

it doesn't have an ash pan, as you say the valor doesn't - and that is a REAL pain to empty with the fire still lit/hot. (in the winter we have it lit 24/7)

We worked out how to best use it, but an ash pan and door would be ideal.

what warnings have you heard about them ?

I bought a squirrel for the boat

I have never used a valor but ...

We use a 'Cheap Machine Mart' 11Kw one in the house. It does what it says on the tin, and is the only heating we have. (4 bed detached 1800's cottage)

We burn free wood, with a bit of coal or smokeless and we are nice and cosy :rolleyes:

it doesn't have an ash pan, as you say the valor doesn't - and that is a REAL pain to empty with the fire still lit/hot. (in the winter we have it lit 24/7)

We worked out how to best use it, but an ash pan and door would be ideal.

what warnings have you heard about them ?

they maybe safe to use in a house but in the closed in environment of a boat not recomended Edited by denis boyle