Macclesfield Canal, Bridges 40-42

Debby

Featured Posts

We'll post on here when it's repaired, and normal 'service' is resumed, but it may take some time! There's been a lot of men standing looking at it, going "Hmmmm" so far........ Bricks and rubble were still coming down several hours after the collapse.

We'll post on here when it's repaired, and normal 'service' is resumed, but it may take some time! There's been a lot of men standing looking at it, going "Hmmmm" so far........ Bricks and rubble were still coming down several hours after the collapse.

Are those vehicles now stranded in the second picture or do they have other access to that carpark?

Believe those bridge numbers are just befoe entering Macclesfield after going up the Bossley flight. Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope they dont close the canal or it could scupper my plans.

Wall collapse between Bridge 40 and Bridge 42. No mooring, towpath closed. Boats keep to the offside.

Not strictly a stoppage, but there's a fair bit of rubble in the canal.

Thanks for this, DaveandDebby.

We're going up the Macc. on March 23rd or 24th and, after waiting for Yard Lock in Stone to be repaired and dodged numerous other stoppages on our way up from Slough over the last 9 months, a stoppage here would be hard to take.

Where are you based and we'll give you a wave?

SteveE

Hi Steve

I'd read a while back that you were heading up the Macc soon, which was one of the reasons I put the post on here.

We're based in Macclesfield, but not on a boat, unfortunately. However, we walk the dog along the canal between bridge 40 and the marina every day, so we'll look out for you. We're normally out fairly early in the morning, but as it's Easter weekend, we'll be out a little later!

Hope you have a good journey.