BNC Cruise

PaulG

Featured Posts

Thinking of doing our second cruise on the BCN this summer. Last time we took in parts of the Old and New Main lines, the Netherton Tunnel, and Dudley No1 and No2 canals.

I'm looking for some advice on other parts of the BCN that are worth a visit. We'll be entering the BCN via the Worcs and Birmingham, and we need to exit onto the Staffs and Worcs at Aldersley about a week later.

Any ideas on places to go in the meantime? (preferably with minimum time down the weed hatch!)

Advice from those with "local knowledge" much appreciated!

Oops - Spot of "finger trouble" this morning! For "BNC Cruise" read "BCN Cruise"!

You could try Birmingham & Fazeley , Teme Valley and round the Wryley & Essington and then down the 21 to Aldersley . Only drawback if its later than July you may have problems with weed.

Thinking of doing our second cruise on the BCN this summer. Last time we took in parts of the Old and New Main lines, the Netherton Tunnel, and Dudley No1 and No2 canals.

I'm looking for some advice on other parts of the BCN that are worth a visit. We'll be entering the BCN via the Worcs and Birmingham, and we need to exit onto the Staffs and Worcs at Aldersley about a week later.

Any ideas on places to go in the meantime? (preferably with minimum time down the weed hatch!)

Hi Paul.

I'd go along with Hobbler so far, but would consider as an alternative to Wolverhampton and the 21 coming back down the Walsall, through Netherton and then down to the Staffs & W via Stourbridge and out at Stewponey. Loads of variety and some cracking views as you go down the Delph. If you haven't done the 21 before, it gets increasingly pleasant as you head down them and Aldersley is a nice spot, but for me the other route shades it. Whichever way you go -- enjoy !

Mike.

If you've been south of the main Line(s) its time to go north! I had a great few days on the "northern reaches" the year before last. More details here if you are interested.