Trad Controls to PRM160

Ads

Featured Posts

Hi everyone

Im jusy about to replace my engine with and Lister HW2 with a prm 160 on it and my existing tran controls wont marry up.

My last gear box was connected with a chain and spocket abit like a Kelvin. but now i have a Prm i want to change to a Push/pull lever and wonderd if anyone else has the same box with these type controls? and how they have made them?

Any ideas/pic's would be great!

cheers

Ads

Im jusy about to replace my engine with and Lister HW2 with a prm 160 on it and my existing tran controls wont marry up.

My last gear box was connected with a chain and spocket abit like a Kelvin. but now i have a Prm i want to change to a Push/pull lever and wonderd if anyone else has the same box with these type controls? and how they have made them?

It should be easy to convert a rotary action using a cam, lever or cable, as there should only be about 2 or 3 inches of throw?

I have seen one where the shaft simply screws an arm in and out and the arm converts it into push and pull!

Hi everyone

cheers

Ads

I made a successful arrangement with a 10:1 angled gearbox. You turn the speed wheel or in this case the forward reverse wheel and by fitting a straight arm to the other angled shaft at 90 degrees it gives a steady lift or lower motion. Usually 45 degrees will give give sufficient travel for forward and the opposite for reverse. If you take a solid rod say 10mm dia down to a shaft mounted in plummer blocks then you will have the correct rotation and force to operate the forward and back lever on the PRM gear box. It didn't take long to make up and the cost was approx £10 for the steel from B&Q and the gear box cost me a fiver.

It works well. The angle gear boxes I usually pick up from the local ex army stores or eBay. They are usually from an old conveyor line. The wear on the gear box is minimal and should last for year. Its a little difficult to take a picture as the mechanism is all enclosed, I can do a drawing but I don't know how to display it on this format