leak

Featured Posts

Mine came with a "cardboard" like washer never got it to seal 100% - putty did the job in no time. Fairly thick stuff and cheap to buy, also helped cure a leak from the joint of the air pressure tank.

I made one out of thin rubber matting.

Arthur

Can't really work out where this is exactly. Is it a chive? Are you in a hard water area, is a shut off valve jammed open a bit with crust, or are your unions leaking?

:lol::):smiley_offtopic:

I don't know, i don't know.

Turned the darn thing off, and gonna get a calorifyer person to come help. Thanx for all the suggestions. Have checked water pressure. That ok. Don't think I should touch it. Its still managable even when its all on so at least it not getting worse. Humph!

Turned the darn thing off, and gonna get a calorifyer person to come help. Thanx for all the suggestions. Have checked water pressure. That ok. Don't think I should touch it. Its still managable even when its all on so at least it not getting worse. Humph!

Re-assured to hear the pressure's ok! Leaks can be hard to find the source of, but if your pressures right, it'll be one of the joins to it. You should be ok to titan these up, hold the actual joiner unit firmly, with spanner or grips depending on type, then with other spanner/grips tighten the "nut" the pipe comes out of by twisting further into the unit(clockwise). Ie. if it's on the right side of the joiner the wrench pulls up, and on the left; down. Just a twitch of movement should be sufficient.

Blokes beware, this is girls stuff; too much force can cause slipping resulting in mashing the bits you grip, or bending of pipe where it joins.

The other thing is them red thingys on the top sometimes need replaceing, maybee they get bashed more often cos of where they are, or it's the plastic engineering. Best of luck with the future :D .

when the engineer comes make sure you ask him lots of questions and learn what he does, so you know what to do next time!

Glad to here I'm not the only one that's had this problem. Currently fitting out our third boat and now have this issue sorted! I remove the fibre washer before commissioning the system and replace it with one made out of rubber gasket material supplied in a sheet by the Plumb Center, I use the old fibre washer as a template to cut out the new rubber one. Seals it first time. ;-)

On our first boat I spent a small fortune on bostick, plumbers mate, ptfe, liquid ptfe etc.....it still leaked - I spent about four days emptying and refilling the system to check and recheck it only to find it leaking again!

Why don't they just supply a rubber gasket in the first place!

Justin

Glad to here I'm not the only one that's had this problem. Currently fitting out our third boat and now have this issue sorted! I remove the fibre washer before commissioning the system and replace it with one made out of rubber gasket material supplied in a sheet by the Plumb Center, I use the old fibre washer as a template to cut out the new rubber one. Seals it first time. ;-)

On our first boat I spent a small fortune on bostick, plumbers mate, ptfe, liquid ptfe etc.....it still leaked - I spent about four days emptying and refilling the system to check and recheck it only to find it leaking again!

Why don't they just supply a rubber gasket in the first place!

Justin

edited coz forgot to write anything.

This sounds strait forward enough. will try that.

thanx

Edited by Sylver Lining